Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Month of Thanks

I have a stye in my eye, and it sucks; I can't wear contacts or makeup for a few days. My left eyelid is swollen and pink and tender. But, I am very thankful that I don't have anything going on this weekend; I'm thankful this didn't happen last weekend! This situation has also made me thankful that I have my eyesight, even though it isn't perfect.

I complain about not getting enough hours at my workplace, but I am really very thankful for the hours that I do have. I get to wear sweats to work, it's a casual and calm environment, I get free clothes from it, and I get paid more per hour than I think I ought to. 

I am extremely thankful that I have the opportunity to learn. I am thankful that I live in a country that allows me, as a female, to go to school. I am thankful that I have a tuition waiver. I am thankful for my great professors. I am thankful that I am able to have enough time to do homework and relax. I am thankful for one of my favorite classes ever, Social Health and Diversity (in which I am thankful for my open-minded classmates, fun and reliable groupmates, and brilliant, funny, and honest professor). I am thankful for my brain.

I am thankful that I get to vote. I am thankful that I live in a country that at least attempts to involve its citizens in governing. I am thankful that I live in a relatively safe and well-off country. 

I am immensely thankful that I am able to live at home right now. I am thankful that I have a good relationship with my parents and siblings, so that living at home is a good situation. I am thankful that my parents allow me to continue to live in their home, without paying rent. I am thankful that I still get to be on their insurances, and I'm thankful that my parents buy me groceries and other things. I am thankful that I live in a safe area.

I am thankful that I have my car! I am thankful that my dad picked it out and spent time and money on it so that I can drive it safely and without worrying about it breaking down. I am thankful that it gets decent mpg. I am thankful that it is mine and I don't owe anything on it. I am thankful that I pay for its gas, insurance, and upkeep, and that I have the ability to do so. I am thankful for its stereo system and that I get to enjoy listening and singing along to music whenever I'm in my car. I'm thankful that I don't have to rely on public transportation to get places.

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that I get to watch my siblings become wonderful young adults, and are both smart, healthy, peaceful, and ambitious people. I am thankful that my parents are healthy, fun, good communicators, loving, and caring. I am thankful that I get to hang out with my extended family about every month and that we care about each other. I am thankful that I know that I always have people I can rely on.

I am thankful for my best friend and boyfriend, Allan. I am thankful that he is always there for me. I am thankful that I am not lonely. I am thankful that I get to learn about his culture and language. I am thankful that he is patient, respectful, considerate, and affectionate. 

I am thankful for clean water. I am thankful for having an abundance of food. I am thankful for having an abundance of clothing. I am thankful for shelter, and even shelter for my car. I am thankful for TV shows. I am thankful for the beauty of the world! I am thankful for facebook. I am thankful for good health care and insurance. I am thankful for the ability to work and go to school. I am thankful for my laptop. I am thankful for cell phones. I am thankful for alarm clocks. I am thankful for sleep. I am thankful for laughter. I am thankful that Thanksgiving is coming up and I get to spend time with family, eat good food, and celebrate the birth of a new family member! I have so much to be thankful for!

Comment below and tell me what you are thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment